HCA North Texas 2-Step Nursing Pathway Program
Always wanted to be a nurse? Through the HCA North Texas 2-Step Nursing Pathway Program, you can first obtain your Associate's Degree in Nursing, and second, your Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, both while you work, through our local community colleges and universities.
- Be employed full or part-time while attending school
- HCA pays for tuition, fees, books, uniforms and shoes
- Traditional and interactive classroom settings at your place of work
- Clinical instruction and skills labs provided at your hospital
Program Outline and Requirements
HCA North Texas, El Cento College, and Collin College have formed a collaborative partnership to provide education to HCA employees who want to become nurses. (Since each college has different requirements for admission, employees should check with their site coordinator or college website for further information.)
There are several advantages to you when you enter the HCA North Texas 2-Step program. The first is that HCA will pay for your tuition, fees, books, uniforms and shoes for the first “step” of the program! The next advantage is that you compete only with other HCA North TX employees for admission into the program. Once admitted, you will join a group at one of four cohorts: Plaza Medical Center / North Hills Hospital/ Medical Center of Arlington; Medical City Dallas / Green Oaks; Las Colinas Medical Center / Medical Center of Lewisville/Denton Regional Medical Center; or Medical Center of McKinney/The Medical Center of Plano. You will complete clinical experiences in your own hospital, move through the program with your co-workers, and work with faculty members who are also HCA employees and understand what is unique about the HCA system.
Basic requirements for admissions are:
- You must be a current employee with a minimum of 6 months of service, and be in good standing with your facility (no current disciplinary actions, or any actions during the previous
- Complete the prerequisite classes and application process as required by the college you want to attend.
- Complete your facility's application as well as the interview and selection process. You will be asked to provide a completed recommendation form from your current supervisor or department head.
- You must continue to be a full or part time employee while in the program. If you are interested in this program, contact your facility’s site coordinator for more information.
- Site Coordinators’ contact information:
- Plaza Medical Center / North Hills Hospital/Medical Center of Arlington: (817) 347-1185
- Medical City Dallas / Green Oaks: (972) 566-8676
- Las Colinas Medical Center / Medical Center of Lewisville / Denton Regional Medical Center: (972) 420-1524
- Medical Center of McKinney / The Medical Center of Plano: (972) 547-8120
For more information, please visit these links: